Test results of the Purivox TA-RC System at Ostend-Bruges Airport
Customer review of the Purivox TA-RC System
|Species which are causing damage:||All kind of birds|
The airport Ostend-Bruges did a long-term test with the Purivoc TA-RC System in 2012. The entire test lasted six weeks and the results were very good. Due to the good results, the airport now uses five Purivox TA-RC system devices which have made the bird strike prevention much easier and faster.
Below you can find the test results.
New BCU techniques TA-RC gas cannon:
Results after 6 weeks of testing:
- No system malfunctions recorded
- significant reduction of "bird pressure" in touchdown zone RWY 26
- Uniform conclusion of all BCU staff members
- this technique has definitely high value!
- no effect (or almost none) on: buzzard, kite, kestrel (predators)
- "active surface" sensitive to wind
- highly effective on all other birds at EBOS
- BCU can work on another spot at the same time
- Ideal in hard to reach locations
- No habituation (no timer involved)
- 5km reach!
TA-RC gas cannon at the airport Ostend-Bruges:
- Remote controlled (up to 80 units)
- RC range: 5km
- battery + solar powered
- 3 explosions standard
- 20.000 explosions per gas bottle
- budget price (RC included) around 3.500€
- 6weeks test